Just one more tanda


Why souls come back to earth

As spirits, mortals call us the Kissing Nebulae from the far reaches of the universe.
We have no reason to look back and wish for the suffering of incarnation.
But given the chance to dance once again, you and I take it, like children ready to play.
Our first moments remind us of the simple things of incarnation--to feel breath again,
To feel the earth under our feet, to see only with eyes, hear only with ears.

The music starts and our first song of the tanda is the embraced breath-dance of two bodies.
Then we move, now as an incarnation of the music like never before on earth, perhaps?
Each note and phrase impels us to do their bidding. We do not have to know the music.
The music knows us. We were music’s instruments to play as Music directs.

I feel your body against mine as it warms from our dance of grace.
Did I ever notice how wondrous this was as I once lived an embodied life?
How I wish I could tell those young souls dancing near us how to treasure each moment!
But what words would I use? Would hearing only through mortal ears understand us?
It was one night, one tanda. But now I know the reason souls ask to incarnate again.


Photo credit:  NASA
*The nebulae are actually called "Butterfly."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When We Dance We Remember

When Music Danced